Denim Blue: Tagua Thin Slices, Central Drilled / Vegetable Ivory
Tagua Thin Slices are absolutely our favorite! They can be used in so many different ways and jewelry designs. They’re very lightweight, colorfast and most importantly, they’re sustainable beads.
58 in stock
Denim Blue: Tagua Thin Slices, Central Drilled / Vegetable Ivory, Tagua Nuts, Eco-Friendly Beads, Tagua Slices for Jewelry and Craft Making
Tagua Thin Slices are absolutely our favorite! They can be used in so many different ways and jewelry designs. They’re very lightweight, colorfast and most importantly, they’re sustainable beads. Our Tagua Thin Slices are made in South America by the finest artisans and dyed with lead, nickel and AZO free dyes.
Dimensions: from 18-30mm long x 15-25mm wide x 2mm thick x 2mm hole
Tagua Thin Slices come in several different sizes and shapes. Most slices have a rounded or triangular shape. It is also very easy to add additional holes to your slices by using a dremel and a regular drill bit. You’ll also notice that some slices will have a brown edge from the remaining nut shell and a marbled effect in the center due to the growth stages, which are natural characteristics on all Tagua Beads.
Things to keep in mind:
– Tagua Thin Slices vary from one anothe and no two pieces are the same. We can get very close when matching pieces for earrings, but since they come from different Tagua Nuts they will have a small variance.
– No lacquer or varnish is used on any of our Tagua Nuts. They’re 100% naturally polished with sand and wooden pieces.
– Eco-Friendly dyes: lead, nickel and AZO free.
– Fair-Trade: we work directly with our artisans and no middlemen are involved giving the artisans financial control over their craft.
– Lightweight Beads: go BIG and don’t feel the weight!
– Cruelty Free Ivory: the density of Tagua Nuts are very close to the density of animal ivory and by purchasing Eco-Friendly Ivory, you’re not only helping the artisans in South America, but you’re also saving the lives of “Ivory animals”. Spread the word about our Tagua, Vegetable Ivory Beads and help us save lives. To read more about our partnership, visit IFOV.org (Ivory Forever).
Care: To keep your Jewelry looking beautiful, clean with a damp cloth as needed. In case you get them wet, dry them slowly with a cloth and not in direct sunlight. Bees wax will give them a nice sheen and can be used from time to time or as needed.
Please note that all our items are photographed up close and personal, so that you can see their beautiful details. Some items may appear large than real size, so please check the measurements carefully to avoid any confusion.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.